LIUNA Training and Education Fund
We are the builders of a safer, more skilled construction workforce.
LIUNA Training and Education Fund is the training arm for the Laborers' International Union of North America (LIUNA), offering the best adult education for the construction workforce. As one of three LIUNA Trust Funds – along with the Laborers' Health and Safety Fund of North America (LHSFNA) and the Laborers-Employers Cooperation and Education Trust (LECET) – we are part of a vital labor-management infrastructure.
LIUNA Training creates the courses, trains the trainers, and offers support for 70 affiliated training centers located throughout the United States and Canada. By opening the door to opportunity, we help apprentices and journey workers improve and add to their skills, advance their careers and gain a competitive advantage in a tough marketplace. And we provide employers with an invaluable resource: a highly-trained workforce that helps them succeed.
Each year, roughly 140,000 LIUNA members attend our training in building construction; heavy and highway construction; construction supervision; environmental remediation, demolition, rehabilitation and restoration. We continually update our curricula to reflect evolving needs, most recently adding courses on weatherization and green construction.
LIUNA Training provides its affiliated training funds with products and services designed to improve the lives of LIUNA apprentices and journey workers and the competitive position of LIUNA and its signatory employers.
- To be internationally recognized as a leader in the development and facilitation of worker training.
- Exceed the measure of quality of our products and service required by industry and educational standards.
- Consistently and accurately forecast and assess the training and education needs of affiliated training funds.
- Develop the highest quality professional and technical training opportunities for affiliated training fund personnel.
- Establish solid and lasting alliances and partnerships that support the recruiting and retention initiatives of LIUNA.