New England Business Associates
To enable people with disabilities whose rights and freedoms are most likely denied them to be fully included in community life, primarily through employment.
In a way that:
- Incorporates and creates best practices
- Creates valued typical societal roles
- Offers individualized opportunities
- Does no harm
So that the gifts and talents of all people are appreciated.
NEBA’s goals closely reflect the ‘Employment First’ initiative’s guidelines recently adopted by our service states of Massachusetts and Connecticut. These goals include:
- Achieve integrated individual employment
- Offer comprehensive self-employment support services
- Achieve employment based on individual preferences and needs
- Place an emphasis on natural supports
- Maximize work hours
- Use of community settings for non-work hours