Songea’s Kids is dedicated to bringing life and hope to orphans and disadvantaged youth in remote, under-served rural Tanzania, East Africa. We are an all-volunteer, grassroots nonprofit organization based in Sammamish, Washington, USA (www.songeaskids.org). We partner with local Tanzanian NGOs to mentor and provide seed money to help Tanzanians meet the basic health, nutrition and educational needs of their orphaned children.
GOAL ONE: Meet the daily and education needs of the 52+ orphans deemed in greatest need by Songea child welfare officials.
· Recruit sponsors to provide clean water, food, daily needs, nurturing care, and medical care to 52 orphans and at-risk children.
· Fund education so each child learns skills to be self-supporting before leaving the orphan care program.
· Identify and implement opportunities for caregivers to earn income so they can support the children's needs and become self-sustaining.
· Collaborate with Jirani Mwema (Songea NGO partner) on needs assessment of children and effective support systems for their foster home caregivers.
GOAL TWO: Build Hope Village in Lutukira Village near Songea—homes for 160 most vulnerable children and “moms”, deep wells, health clinic, nursery/pre-primary school, vocational school (projects requested by village elders, local and regional officials)
· · Partnership with Hope Village Organization (Songea NGO) brings local presence and oversight
· Sundberg Architectural Initiative provides building design pro bono, working closely with local Hope Village Organization and villagers.
· Engineers Without Borders—Puget Sound Professional Chapter designs engineering needs pro bono—green technology including high-capacity solar-powered well, rocket stoves, solar lighting, more nutritious crops, waste water recycling.
· Implement self-sustaining initiatives to feed kids and provide income.
· Partnership with local government for support of health clinic, schools and rural roads.
· Partnerships with NGOs and businesses in Songea and throughout Tanzania.
· Break cycle of poverty through good nutrition, education, business opportunities.
Songea’s Kids is dedicated to bringing life and hope to orphans and disadvantaged youth in remote, under-served rural Tanzania, East Africa. We are an all-volunteer, grassroots nonprofit organization based in Sammamish, Washington, USA (www…