ArtsEmerson (Office of the Arts, Emerson College)
The Office of the Arts is devoted to “bringing innovation to communication and the arts.” We exist to serve Emerson College students, faculty and staff, the Greater Boston community and the field of performance practice through:
- ArtsEmerson—our professional presenting and producing program, showcasing the world on stage and screen.
- HowlRound—a communication platform that connects the Office of the Arts to the national (and international) efforts to develop a commons-based approach to performance practice.
- Stewardship of Our Spaces—supporting activities that connect the facilities of the Office of the Arts to both college and community events not produced or presented by other components of our office.
We see our work in service of the college, the public and the art form, prioritizing community engagement with our Boston neighbors, creating a national dialogue, sharing field-wide learning and developing curricular engagement that connect students with our work. We operate from the assumption that the arts belong to everyone. Every decision we make, every new programming choice and operational strategy, emerges from that conviction.
ArtsEmerson: The World on Stage showcases first-class performances from all over the world, providing new opportunities for the Boston community to experience culturally enriching theatre, film, and music. Our home is in the heart of Boston's historic theatre district. The facilities include:
- The newly opened Paramount Center, with its three performance venues: the remarkably reconfigured Paramount Mainstage, the brand new intimate Black Box Theatre and the state-of-the-art Bright Family Screening Room, and
- The magnificently restored Cutler Majestic Theatre
ArtsEmerson is committed to bringing many of the world's legendary and pioneering artists to Boston, presenting work from this country and abroad you've never had an opportunity to see—at least, not without first heading to the airport.