We are a Coalition of charter schools that have racially, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse student populations.
- Diverse schools provide greater opportunities for students to learn from one another.
- Diversity is a cost-effective method of boosting student achievement.
- Diverse schools promote the celebration and understanding of other cultures and viewpoints.
- Diverse schools invigorate and strengthen urban neighborhoods by bringing community members together.
- Charter schools can and should contribute to solving the historic challenge of integrating our public school system.
- Achieving diversity often requires deliberate efforts through recruitment, admissions policies and school design.
- Diverse charter schools promote equality by ensuring that students from different backgrounds have the same high quality educational opportunities.