DOCS Foundation Nepal
DOCS Foundation Nepal supports orphaned, destitute and street children in Nepal.
We provide shelter, food, private education, healthcare and homely affection through the establishment of children’s homes in different parts of Nepal for the accommodation of orphaned, destitute and street children. Our work comprises a number of initiatives which:
- Seek to place children with adoptive families.
- Rehabilitate street children and socialise them in their family and society.
- Educate children about conservation of their environment by conducting reforestation, sanitation and hygiene programmes.
- Award educational scholarships to children of marginalised communities.
- Conduct Health Camps in the remote villages of Nepal in conjuction with national and international hospitals and doctors.
- Help equip schools in rural areas with items such as books, computers and furniture.
- Provide support for the construction of school buildings and drinking water supply systems for school children and their communities.
We are a non-governmental, not-for-profit organisation with no political or religious affiliations that welcomes disadvantaged children – no matter their gender, ethnicity, caste, religion, or sexual orientation.