RISE is organized for not for profit purpose and it aims to promote the interests of Indigenous Peoples and
children in Myanmar and their right to provide and access a culturally
appropriate, quality education in their own mother tongue.
The specific objectives of the group are to:
(1) Promote indigenous knowledge, language and culture.
(2) Ensure access to quality; culturally appropriate education
for Indigenous Peoples.
(3) Engage community members and families around education
issues in their communities.
(4) Advocate for the rights of Indigenous Peoples in particular
with respect to Indigenous knowledge and wisdom, language, cultural heritage and
In order to achieve those goals and objectives: RISE provides:
(1) Pre-service Teacher Training Program
(2) In-service Teacher Training and Mobile Teacher Training Program
(3) Teacher Established Education Services (reaching hard-to-reach areas with no schools by providing trained teachers and teaching and learning materials)
(4) Education Assistance Program (Providing teaching and learning materials to community schools, monastic and mixed schools in hard-to-reach areas across ethnic areas in Burma.
(5) Education Sensitization Events (Awareness raising around values and importance of education with parents and communities)