National Education Association Health Information Network
As the non-profit health and safety arm of the National Education Association (NEA), the NEA Health Information Network (NEA HIN) provides health and safety information, programs, and services for the benefit of the more than 3 million members of the NEA and their 43 million students. NEA members include teachers, bus drivers, school custodians, cafeteria workers, nurses, and other school employees who make up almost 15,000 local associations throughout the U.S, and on military bases in Europe and Asia.
NEA HIN's mission is to improve the health and safety of the school community through disseminating information that empowers school professionals and positively impacts the lives of their students. NEA HIN:
- helps to improve the quality of the environment in our schools by addressing problems of mold, poor air quality and other unhealthy conditions
- educates NEA members about health problems like arthritis, diabetes, communicable diseases such as flu and stomach bugs, heart disease and others
- works to bring healthy food to children in school
- helps kids stay safer online
- provides school professionals with resources and tools to help them deal with nature-caused and man-made emergencies
NEA HIN is committed to advancing the health, safety, and wellbeing of NEA members and their students by doing all of these things and many more.