Engineers Without Borders Kenya (EWB-Kenya) is a Non-Governmental Organisation registered under the NGOs Board under Certificate No. OP.218/051/17-054/10632 with the main objective to eradicate poverty in Kenya through humanitarian engineering. We are the leading Kenya’s organisation for pro bono engineering services. We envision a society in which all the people have the capacity to sustainably meet their basic human needs.
We do this by:
- Providing clean water, sanitation and hygiene to the poor
- Providing appropriate housing facilities to people without safe, secure and adequate housing.
- Providing transport, healthcare and education infrastructure to the poor
- Improving access to clean energy for the poor
- Improving digital access to enable the poor to access information on changing weather patterns, current events, disasters and early warning systems, as well as general information on agriculture and markets to facilitate adaptation
- Providing sustainable agricultural infrastructure and value addition to agro-produce to address food security to small scale farmers.
- Accountability: We take personal responsibility for using our resources efficiently, achieving measurable results, and being accountable to supporters, partners and, most of all, the poor.
- Leadership: We show leadership and take an ambitious and brave approach to creating and sustaining change
- Togetherness: We learn together, work together and have fun together – inspiring collective action
- Service beyond self: We contribute our time and resources with humility and generosity to advance EWB’s vision
- Creativity: We are innovative and bold – we imagine a better future and work together to make it happen.
- Integrity: We aspire to live to the highest standards of personal honesty and behaviour; we never compromise our reputation and always act in the best interests of the poor
- Partnership: Non-government organizations must work together to bring about a poverty free society. No single organization can do it alone.