Morality In Media
MIM is the leading national organization opposing indecency and pornography through education and the application of the law for 50 years. We are historically a conservative organization, however, we work with many groups of all idealogies to help educate the public and combat the harms of pornography. We also direct a 120-member national coalition, The War on Illegal Pornography Coalition, made up of national, state and local bi-partisan groups. Our united goal is to pressure the U.S. Department of Justice to once again enforce existing federal obscenity laws. We work largely with Members of the U.S. Congress to pressure the DOJ.
Our work includes research into the harms of pornography. We work closely with leading scholars, therapists, victims and other activists to raise awareness about the harms of pornography, specifically highlighting these areas:
- Pornography Addiction and recovery
- The impact of pornography to youth and children
- How pornography increases violence against women
- The links between pornography and sex trafficking
- How pornography contributes to the breakdown of marriage and family