Communities In Schools of Wilkes County
- North Wilkesboro
The mission of Communities In Schools is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
By bringing caring adults into the schools to address children’s unmet needs, CIS provides the link between educators and the community. The result: teachers are free to teach, and students – many in jeopardy of dropping out – have the opportunity to focus on learning.
For over 30 years, Communities In Schools has worked to ensure that every child receives these “Five Basics”:
- A one-on-one relationship with a caring adult
- A safe place to learn and grow
- A healthy start and a healthy future
- A marketable skill to use upon graduation
- A chance to give back to peers and community
Do you work for Communities In Schools of Wilkes County? Become an administrator