University of Minnesota, Student Counseling Services
128 Pleasant Street
340 Appleby Hall
Student Counseling Services (SCS) supports the teaching, research, outreach, and service missions of the University of Minnesota by offering comprehensive, accessible, flexibly-delivered counseling, consultation, and instruction.
As a unit of Office for Student Affairs, SCS contributes to the comprehensive education of students, the protection of human rights, and the enhancement of University programs, services, and organizational units.
The mission of SCS is to:
- Promote the personal, career, and academic growth of students through individual and group counseling.
- Promote a positive learning community on campus through consultation with academic and administrative units.
- Advance academic and personal growth through credit and non--credit instruction.
- Facilitate the assessment and evaluation of individuals through the use of academic, vocational and specialized instruments.
- Provide supervised training experiences for graduate students in psychology, education, and related disciplines.
- Further the disciplines SCS represents through leadership in appropriate professional organizations and scholarly research.
Do you work for University of Minnesota, Student Counseling Services? Become an administrator