Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
To pursue this mission, the School produces knowledge through research, reproduces knowledge through higher education, and translates knowledge into evidence that can be communicated to the public, policymakers, and practitioners to advance the health of populations.Our goals are:
- Deliver an evidence-based educational experience to prepare students, through study, research, and practice, to address public health challenges of the twenty-first century.
- Create and sustain a vibrant and inclusive intellectual community with an environment that fosters the acquisition of knowledge and skills about diversity, equity, cultural competence, and advocacy to improve public health locally, nationally, and globally.
- Create and advance knowledge and its translation into discoveries that lead to actions that improve health of people and populations.
- Engage in service activities that expand the capacity of communities to improve health.
- Employ innovative communication strategies that increase public awareness of public health problems and solutions.