Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Washington, DC
YNPNdc advances the careers of young professionals to strengthen the nonprofit sector. By providing professional development and networking opportunities, we empower our members to become successful nonprofit leaders in our community.
- Events. Save the Date! YNPNdc's Annual Leadership Conference will be taking place on May 9 at the National Association of Home Builder. YNPNdc’s Annual Leadership Conference is a place for young nonprofit professionals to hear from emerging and established leaders in the sector and to share best practices with colleagues from across the DC Metro Region. Featuring about a dozen breakout sessions on timely topics, an inspiring keynote from a sector leader, and plenty of networking opportunities, this event is customized for the needs of the young professionals who seek to be the future leaders of the nonprofit community. The event hosts more than 200 young professionals from the region who come to gain skills, make connections and be re-inspired in their work. Early Bird Registration will open March 3rd at ynpndc.org.
- Networking. Monthly happy hours and other networking events to trade information on jobs, organizations, and upcoming events.
- Professional development. Seminars on topics like resume-writing, fundraising, and management, as well as discussion groups on important trends in the sector.
- Advocacy. Events, activities, and discussions bring the great ideas and fresh perspectives of young and emerging leaders to the conversations that are shaping the future of the nonprofit sector.
- Resources. Social media and online resources keep YNPNdc members informed about jobs, events, and other news in the DC and larger nonprofit communities.
- Service. Hundreds of YNPNdc members serve together during Days of Service for 9/11, MLK Day, and Servathon.
YNPNdc is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and we are affiliated with the national YNPN network which includes over 20 chapters across the United States.
YNPNdc is run by a working, all-volunteer board of young nonprofit leaders.