Human Impact Partners
Human Impact Partners envisions a world where all communities have optimal health and where the resources for health are equitably shared across race, class, gender, immigration status, geography, and other attributes. In that vision:
- Communities and policy-makers have a holistic understanding of health;
- Health and equity are primary considerations in decision-making;
- All people have the information, tools, and power needed to influence decisions that affect their lives; and
- Health provides a framework that brings diverse people and organizations together.
HIP’s mission is to transform the policies and places people need to live healthy lives by increasing the consideration of health and equity in decision-making. To accomplish our mission, we:
- Conduct policy-focused, innovative, and strategic research that evaluates health impacts and inequities to support targeted campaigns and movements for social change.
- Amplify the use of public health research, expertise, framing, and communications to support those campaigns and movements.
- Provide training and technical assistance to build the capacity of impacted communities and their advocates, public agencies, and elected officials to take action on the social determinants of health and equity.
Human Impact Partners is a growing non-profit with eleven staff. Our research and advocacy efforts link a health lens to policies about economic security, criminal justice, immigration, goods movement, housing and displacement. We are looking to build a diverse staff as we continue to grow. For more details about HIP and our approach, visit: www.humanimpact.org.