Mission Blue/Sylvia Earle Alliance
Mission Blue's vision is to ignite public awareness and support for a global network of Marine Protected Areas - ocean hope spots - large enough to save and restore our planet's blue heart.
Mission Blue's strategy is to increase hope spots through five core areas of focus:
1. Promoting ocean exploration and research
2. Igniting, educating and expanding public interest in the ocean
3. Building effective partnerships
4. Inspiring action to increase ocean protection and management
5. Generating, managing and distributing sustainable funding for ocean awareness and protection
Mission Blue is a not-for-profit, tax-exempt global organization dedicated to exploring and caring for the ocean, our planet's blue heart. Led by renowned ocean explorer, Dr. Sylvia Earle, we are committed to inspiring a sea change in public awareness, access and support for a global network of Marine Protected Areas - hope spots - stretching from the deepest ocean canyons to the tallest underwater mountain peaks and from the most remote tropical reefs to the most lush coastal seagrass meadows.