44095 Pipeline Plaza
Willowsford Conservancy, a not-for-profit organization in Ashburn and Aldie, VA, is the long-term steward of the approximate 2,000 acres of open space progressively dedicated to the Conservancy as the Willowsford community develops. Conservancy lands comprise woodlands, meadows, wetlands, over 40 miles of nature trails, and Willowsford Farm. The Conservancy’s mission is to “… protect, maintain, and promote the viable, long-term use of the land, integrating farming, recreation, conservation and education to enhance the quality of life for the residents of Willowsford and the greater community.”
Willlowsford Farm is a community-supported farm that provides fresh, high-quality food and education to encourage people in their pursuit of health, wellness and connection to nature.
Willowsford Farm has two aspects: the production farm, which is run as a small business, and an educational and cultural resource that engages with the community on many different levels.
- Stewardship (respect for the land) Considering our community’s impacts on the land: on soil, water, vegetation, wildlife and on whole natural systems; celebrating local materials and human resources and utilizing appropriate technologies realizing a positive, regenerative effect on the land through all aspects of our operations, including land use and agricultural production, shelter and structures, materials use, energy, and human resources.
- Community (who we are) Creating an authentic sense of place and shared purpose by connecting people to the land and to each other through cultural, artistic, musical, recreational, culinary and social programs, activities, and services that enhance the lifestyle within, and contribute to the betterment of, Willowsford and the surrounding community.
- Health and Recreation (go play outside) Inspiring and promoting a healthy lifestyle through engaging outdoor recreational opportunities and activities to enrich mind, body, and spirit while enhancing lifelong learning.
- Conservation (love of nature) Creating programs that help foster a passion and commitment to the conservation of wildlife and natural habitats ensuring that they can be appreciated by future generations.
- Quality and Integrity (being great) Striving to do our best and be our best in all that we do, and to produce high quality, safe products, events, and interactions; creating an outstanding work and play environment that cultivates safe, friendly, and ethical practices based on respect and dignity.
- Education (exploration, discovery and understanding) Teaching, modeling and sharing ideas about ecological literacy, food literacy, historical literacy, social literacy and other tools for critical thinking, to cultivate engaged citizens and community members.
- Farming (good food) Supporting our community with food that is fresh, clean and healthy and that tastes great. Integrating the farm into the fabric of Willowsford to serve as a social and educational resource for the community.
- Sustainability (the long haul) Placing high value on ecological and social health and recognizing that economic viability is a critical precursor to success.