Courage Medicine Health Center, Inc.
Courage Medicine seeks to create a just society free of health care disparities for and stigma against people with mental illness and neurocognitive differences.To enact this change, Courage Medicine:
- Provides a medical home where people who experience mental illness receive excellent, high-quality, and competent comprehensive care, including primary care, prevention, dentistry, psychotherapy, psychosocial programming, care management, psychiatry, pharmacy, medication adherence, and other needs-based health care services, regardless of ability to pay.
- Promotes principles of recovery and provides trauma-informed care.
- Trains and educates professionals who share our vision and who want to better care for people with mental health concerns.
- Actively participates in the local community to advocate for those we serve and to educate community members in order to raise awareness, build empathy, and end stigma.
- Supports our staff professionally and personally.
Courage Medicine is currently in the grant-writing stage, and hopes to be fully operational by late 2012.