Acceso PanAm (or Access PanAm) is a nonprofit with 501 c(3) status established in 2009 whose mission is to protect the access and promote conservation of Latin American climbing and mountain hiking areas. To fulfill our mission, we work on the following areas:
- ¥ Advocacy: Acceso PanAm works to influence and impact public policies and legislation that affect climbing and mountain hiking.
- ¥ Conservation: Acceso PanAm protects mountain ecosystems through stewardship, volunteering actions, and support for the planning and management of protected areas and climbing and mountain hiking areas.
- ¥ Negotiation: Acceso PanAm negotiates access and support landowners and managers in the planning and management of climbing and mountain hiking areas.
- ¥ Capacity building: Acceso PanAm encourages, supports and partners up with local access organizations and climbers to carry out conservation and access initiatives by providing training and advice.
- ¥ Outreach and education: Acceso PanAm is committed to generating instances of reflection and education for the climbing community, landowners and land managers about the climbing culture and experience and the importance of mountain conservation.