Our ever growing population demands rapid economic growth & industrialization which in turn puts an increasing pressure on the biodiversity & ecosystem of the region. Vulnerable mountain communities depend on the naturally available bio-resources for their sustenance.
Federation of Societies for Environmental Protection (FOSEP) seeks to address the challenges of biodiversity conservation in the fragile Eastern Himalayan ecosystem, home to some of the globally threatened & endemic species of plants & animals, and to effectively meet the adverse impact of various drivers of global change including climate change.
FOSEP is primarily an environmental protection eco-friendly civic-society, the main purpose, for establishment, of which is to promote and protect the natural eco-system with the active involvement of the people from all walks of life. The main purposes for the establishment of the organization are as follows:
· To Preserve, Promote and Protect the natural eco-system;
· To alleviate Poverty and remove Illiteracy;
· To explore Sustainable sources of livelihood for the vulnerable mountain communities to reduce the burden on the natural eco-system;
· To bring a permanent improvement in the health, hygiene and sanitary condition of the poor
· To enable vulnerable mountain communities get access to safe drinking water and sanitation;
· To create an eco-friendly society with active involvement of people from all walks of life.
Various themes on which the organization has worked on in the past:
· Social Forestry
· Waste Management
· Safe drinking water and sanitation
· Literacy Promotion
· Livelihood development
· Micro watershed management
· Joint forest management
· Community-based eco-watch group for Darjeeling town
· Community-based health care
Our ever growing population demands rapid economic growth & industrialization which in turn puts an increasing pressure on the biodiversity & ecosystem of the region. Vulnerable mountain communities depend on the naturally…