Communities First Association
CFA is a national association of intermediaries utilizing asset based community development to spur neighborhood transformation.
Mission: CFA is a professional association of Intermediary Christian Community Developers that provides a supportive learning environment, resources, and tools to those who transform communities.
Vision: CFA extends the reach of Christian Community Development across the country by providing encouragement and support for Christian leaders, serving as a place for retreat and refreshment, and developing holistic, multi-sector approaches that contribute to God’s shalom.We envision an association that:
- Encourages churches and organizations to participate in community transformation.
- Builds a supportive learning community.
- Has leaders growing leaders.
- Has credibility with churches.
- Is a strategic influence & voice for change.
- Extends the prevalence of Christian Community Development nationally.
- Offers in-depth holistic, Christian, multi-sectored approaches to community development that leads towards God’s shalom at all levels of community life.
Focus: The Communities First Association has as its focus the work of Community Transformation. We know a community is being transformed when:
- We see signs of increasing ownership in the community
- We see evidence of a growing sense of community
- We see and hear about shared vision among residents in the community
- We see evidence of increased knowledge, skills, and resources working for shared benefit
- Leadership is emerging in the community from the community
- We see appreciation for evaluation and reflection and ongoing learning in a community
- We see Christians living out Biblical values, sharing their faith in natural ways, and contributing to a sense of peace and joy (Shalom)