The Margaret Cuninggim Women’s Center advances equity at Vanderbilt, and in the larger community, through advocacy, education, and empowerment. We promote the creation of an equitable environment to enhance the personal and professional development of students, faculty, and staff.
In fulfilling our mission, we:
- Create a space for the community of women to gather, nurture, and support one another
- Increase awareness of the impact of the social construction of gender on our lives
- Advocate for inclusive policies and practices throughout the institution
- Celebrate women’s achievements across campus and beyond
- Develop and present programs that provide scholarly research about gender and women’s issues, enhance practical skills, and foster creative expression
- Provide the information and tools needed to empower people of all genders to take action on their own behalf
- Foster a community of allies for women’s and gender issues
- Collaborate with campus and community groups in advancing the equality of women
- Include the input, needs and interests of individuals of all genders, racial and ethnic identities, ages, sexual orientations, abilities, and spiritual traditions.