Building Villages, Inc.
Early experiences and the environments in which children develop in their earliest years can have lasting impact on life-long physical and mental health, learning ability, and behavior. Support in the early years has a lasting impact on children and families.
Established in 2016, Building Villages set out to change the culture around parenting in the Treasure Valley. Building Villages believes that the well-being of a community is enhanced when all parents have access to support and children's earliest experiences are positive and healthy. Our work is dedicated to just that! We provide services that cultivate a community to empower new families to adopt practices that positively impact the healthy development and wellbeing of their children. We do this by:
- Growing a support system and community of parents of young children in the Treasure Valley through peer support groups, workshops, and events.
- Educating parents and families on practices that foster positive early experiences, and promote healthy child development and emotional wellbeing.
- Advocating and educating our community on the positive long-term impacts of providing a nurturing and healthy environment for young children.
What We Believe
Building Villages believes that the well-being of a community is enhanced when all parents have access to support and children's earliest experiences are positive and healthy.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain a community that empowers families to adopt practices that positively impact the healthy development and long-term well-being of their children.
We will meet every parent where they are in their journey and provide support to help them be their best. We will foster meaningful social connections for new parents, and offer tools to help families navigate parenthood and build a strong foundation for a healthy family environment.
Every family in our community has the foundation to nurture happy, healthy children who grow up to be happy, healthy adults.
- Creating community
- Inspiring family wellness
- Investing in the early childhood experience
Board Members Needed (Volunteer Opportunity)