Search

Idealist logo
Jobs
Organization

Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, SF Bay Area Affiliate

San Francisco, CA | http://www.sfkomen.org
Joined in August 2004

About Us

The mission of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation is to eradicate breast cancer as a life threatening diesease by advancing research, education, screening, and treatment. The San Francisco Bay Area Affliate of the Komen Foundation is a volunteer organization raising and allocating funds for breast cancer research, education and awareness, screening and treatment programs in the 9 SF Bay Area counties. Of the money raised locally, 75% of net funds raised funds non-duplicative breast cancer outreach projects for the medically underserved in the SF Bay Area. The remaining 25% supports the national Foundaton's Award and Research Grant Program for breast cancer research,awards,and educational and scientific programs around the world. Since 1982, the Komen Foundation and affiliates has raised nearly $600 million for breast cancer research, education,screening and treatment programs.

The mission of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation is to eradicate breast cancer as a life threatening diesease by advancing research, education, screening, and treatment. The San Francisco Bay Area Affliate of the Komen Foundation…

Areas of Focus Include

  • Health & Medicine
  • Philanthropy
  • Volunteering

Location

  • Presidio, PO Box 29316
    Lincoln Blvd., Suite 220
    San Francisco, CA 94129

Join Idealist

Sign up today to save your favorite organizations and get email alerts when new ones are posted.