Riverside Arts Center
Mission: The Riverside Arts Center offers, promotes, and nurtures a dynamic arts and cultural environment in Southeast Michigan through arts education, performing arts, and visual arts activities designed to engage and serve the community.
A hub of artistic ventures, Riverside Arts Center (RAC) produces and hosts various fine and performing artist activities. The facility is accessible and includes an art gallery, artist studios, dance studio, rehearsal studios, and a theater. The Riverside Arts Center offers a platform and support for artists and arts organizations. With a primary focus on the Ypsilanti community, Riverside Arts Center provides artistic programming to the surrounding areas in Jackson, Livingston, Monroe, Washtenaw, and Wayne counties.
The Riverside Arts Center values . . .
- creativity at every level including all forms of artistic expression;
- diversity in the ways we think, the artists we promote, and in the audiences we serve;
- contributing to a cultural and artistic downtown;
- collaboration with community members to better serve the people of Southeast Michigan;
- integrity in our interactions with artists, audiences, partners, supporters;
- calculated risk-taking that enables the organization to serve as a community leader;
- and accessibility, both physically and economically, that encourages creative engagement across the community.