TO ENRICH LIVES AND INSPIRE AN ETHIC OF CARE FOR OUR NATURAL WORLD, THROUGH THE FACILITATION OF CONNECTIONS AMONG PEOPLE, NATURE, AND COMMUNITY.
Our Community will:
- Be rich with the spirit, vision, knowledge and skills to care for our natural world, and to do so alongside economic vitality.
- Provide sites where people can experience and explore healthy, vibrant and educational places where practices and play are compatible with nature’s processes for sustaining life.
- Manage lands to provide and maintain into perpetuity a mosaic of bio-diverse habitats with an emphasis of care on our lakes and wildlife.
- Be a vibrant place that enhances, protects, conserves and preserves our environment and community.
- Be connected in our enjoyment and care of private and public lands.
- Work together to monitor and proactively plan and act for the health of ournatural world.
- Act and integrate into their lives learning about our Northwoods environment, experiencing the outdoors, and making a commitment to sustainability.
- Feel connected to people, nature and community; and that connection would move into actions aimed at nurturing the people-nature-community connection.