Operation Pets Alive
is a non-profit, 501(c)3, all-volunteer
organization striving for a No-Kill Community in Montgomery County, Texas.
We exist because there is a need. Since our formation four years ago, we have rescued over 4,000 cats and dogs. We are able to operate because of donations and the dedication and hard work of our volunteers, fosters, business partners, sponsors and our adopters. All are people just like you
, working together to make a difference.Operation Pets Alive
stands behind its mission of working towards a no-kill community, by reducing the number of shelter intakes, and increasing live release rates and outcomes for the homeless pets of our county. We do this through a combination of our Programs:
- Local Foster and Adoption Programs
- Transport of local Shelter dogs to partnering Shelters and Rescues to the Northeast and other areas of our country (where there is a greater demand for adoptable dogs and a 99.9% save rate among our transports) through our OPA ’Flight for Life' and 'Pups on Trucks' Programs
- Targeted Spay and Neuter Programs
- Trap-Neuter-Return for feral cats on our community
- OPA ’Cat-mobile’ transports to Austin Pets Alive!
- ‘The Great Catsby’ A cat cafe located in Old Town Spring
Find YOUR Niche with OPA!
At Operation Pets Alive, there are so many ways to offer your volunteer talents and time. Please get in touch with us, let us know HOW you would like to help. It truly takes a village to to do our work. Here is just a sampling of what it takes:
- Grant Writing
- Administrative and Data Entry
- Public Relations ~ help us get the word out about OPA, our Programs and Events
- Community Outreach & Education (schools and businesses)
- Website updates and maintenance
- Graphic Design (print and social media)
- Social Media ~ Post OPA Events and Adoptables to Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and More. Help with Facebook.
- Crafting/Sewing Items (for our Etsy Shop and/or Events)
- Baking/Cooking for fundraising events
- Assistance with set-up and dismantling at local adoption events (tents, table, chairs, fans, cages etc)
- Assisting Adopters at Adoption events, Adoption Event Coordinators
- Walking dogs, watering, etc at Adoption events
- Assisting OPA Transport Assessment Teams at Shelters
- Grooming and bathing of dogs
- Driving/transporting pets and/or pick up delivery of goods
- Dog Basic and Behavior Training