Oregon Leadership in Sustainablity Graduate Certificate Program
The OLIS Graduate Certificate program is an intensive program that trains students in the concepts and skills of sustainability. It is designed for students from diverse backgrounds who want to prepare for emerging sustainability careers in the public, private, and nonprofit sector.
You will be immersed in an interdisciplinary learning community with an emphasis on practical experiences. This year-long program will equip you to play a key role in addressing the key sustainability issues of climate change, green economy, ecosystem services, green infrastructure and social justice.
Key elements of OLIS are:
- The program is designed for one year of full-time study (exceptions on a case by case basis)
- All OLIS students take core classes together throughout the year
- Core classes are taught by UO faculty at the Eugene campus
- The program includes a year long applied projects in which students work with a client organizations in core classes
- A leadership seminar teaches students about facilitative leadership skills, communication techniques, and affecting organizational and community change
- Elective course work is available through various UO progarms including Environmental Studies, Geography, Planning, Public Policy and Administration, Architecture and Business Management