Child Advocacy Center of Snohomish County dba Dawson Place
Dawson Place Child Advocacy Center responds to concerns of child abuse, is dedicated to helping kids, seeking justice, and promoting healthy families. Vision Statement
Dawson Place seeks to restore health and obtain justice for child victims of sexual assault and physical abuse. We achieve our vision through a multidisciplinary network of services that are housed at Dawson Place. We are committed to the prevention of assault and abuse through education and intervention.
Dawson Place Child Advocacy Center (DPCAC) is a multidisciplinary team of intervention service providers. All partner agencies work together to provide the best possible services to children and their families victimized by sexual or physical abuse.
We work to integrate and coordinate the services of all agencies in a way that doesn’t intimidate or re-victimize children, and improves the prosecution of perpetrators responsible for the abuse and trauma to their victims.
Dawson Place Child Advocacy Center is named in honor of Seth Dawson, a former elected Snohomish County Prosecutor and a highly respected advocate for children in the state of Washington.
Benefits of a Child Advocacy Center:
- Child friendly environment that offers comfort and promotes healing.
- Single point of contact during a chaotic time in a victim’s life.
- Access to five service providers under one roof who collaborate on cases.
- Victim and non-offending family privacy is our priority.
- Culturally sensitive environment.
- We work to hold offenders accountable.