- Fort Atkinson
Fort Volunteer is an informal community organization that exists to encourage volunteerism in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin.
- Service is an awarding experience, and therefore should be the common expectation and common experience of all young people.
- Youth are community assets and should be given the opportunity to engage in the civic life of Fort Atkinson
- Youth possess unique perspectives, idealism, energy, creativity, and commitment.
- Service prepares youth for a healthy, rich life.
- Youth should be given a stakehold. Youth-led service projects are most effective because decision-making gives young people ownership for the solutions.
- Youth can be authentic leaders during childhood and adolescence.
- The civic responsibilities of volunteering and voting, and the critical links between them, must be taught to all children.
- Young people have a right to participate in the formulation of public policy, particularly where it directly affects their lives and their future.
- Meaningful youth service activities create strong, diverse communities of inspired, intelligent, civically-engaged young people.
- Youth from all backgrounds must have the opportunity to serve and lead in their communities.
- Quality service-learning practices should be widely adopted and implemented to advance student achievement and civic engagement.
- Peers, teachers, community leaders, public officials and the media play crucial roles in the campaign to increase the effectiveness and sustainability of youth service.
Do you work for Fort Volunteer? Become an administrator