Women Against Abuse
Women Against Abuse, Inc (WAA) is Philadelphia’s leading domestic violence advocate and service provider and among the largest domestic violence agencies in the country. The mission of WAA is to provide quality, compassionate and nonjudgmental services in a manner that fosters self-respect and independence in persons experiencing intimate partner violence and to lead the struggle to end domestic violence through advocacy and community education. With over 165 staff, WAA serves over 14,000 individuals annually through emergency residential services (2 - 100 bed safe havens and 15 transitional housing apartments), legal services, hotline counseling, aftercare community based services, prevention & education, and advocacy.
WAA’s Core Values are Safety, Empowerment, Strength, Hope, Respect, and Integrity and we are committed to a work environment built on honesty, transparency, teamwork, accountability, and a high level of professionalism.
OUTSTANDING ORGANIZATIONAL & FINANCIAL CAPACITY
Women Against Abuse consistently demonstrates a commitment to organizational excellence, ensuring the highest quality programs and exemplary performance.
· Modeling best practices: With funding from the Oak Foundation, Women Against Abuse has substantially developed its property management infrastructure, enabling it to reduce costs and improve efficiencies across sites, while dedicating resources to advance its program and facilities expertise. This move has enabled Women Against Abuse to better leverage resources, and prepared the organization for the coming expansion of emergency safe haven.
· Capturing impact and client needs: Women Against Abuse has upgraded its information management system to ClientTrack, a database with enhanced quality control features and improved user friendliness. As a result, Women Against Abuse will be able to collect more data on outcomes and improve program performance.
· Awards and recognition: Below are just some of the recent Awards and Recognition, you can visit our website Awards & Recognition page for more information.
- Women Against Abuse received the 2017 Barry and Marie Lipman Family Prize during an awards ceremony on Friday, April 28, 2017, at the University of Pennsylvania, for its vision and leadership in pioneering Shared Safety: Philadelphia's Response to Relational Violence. Women Against Abuse is the first nonprofit organization from Philadelphia to receive the Lipman Family Prize! Since 2012, this annual global prize has honored organizations that use innovative strategies to address social problems.
- In January 2017, Women Against Abuse's Executive Director and President Jeannine L. Lisitski won the Philadelphia Social Innovations Journal's Human Rights Social Innovator Award for her vision and leadership in pioneering Shared Safety: Philadelphia's Response to Relational Violence.
- Women Against Abuse earned the GuideStar Exchange Seal, demonstrating its commitment to transparency. View financial information and more on Women Against Abuse’s GuideStar page.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We strongly encourage individuals of color, from the LGBTQ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply
PFA Supervising Attorney (Job)