Padma Sherni Inc.
A Research and Public Policy Analysis Nonprofit Organization
Goal: To Build Childhood Resilience by promoting:
family health, literacy, and multicultural awareness through the arts!
Objective 1: Promote Multicultural Understanding
- Increase multicultural awareness through arts and cultural entertainment through:
- Multicultural Dance, Music, and Theatre Performances
Objective 2: Promote Childhood Health & Literacy and Parent Education
- Partner with programs that offer shared reading time and conduct a program evaluation with a pre and post literacy assessment
- Increase the rate of developmental screenings of young children for early detection of developmental delay and disability by supporting early education and care programs to increase their Star Quality Rating.
- supply training video that helps parents and teachers complete the Ages & Stages questionnaire
- supply screening materials kit
- host a training for professionals to learn how to complete the ASQ.
- Increase dental care referrals among preschools, kindergarten, and first grade:
- supply basic needs supports: such as a packet of dental care items for all income groups, but especially for low income families affiliated with or graduating from Head Start programs
Objective 3: Provide High Quality Survey Research & Policy Analysis
- Improve quality of social science programs through survey research and project evaluation
- Activity: Formative and Summative project evaluation for Padma Sherni Inc. planned activities and other social science programs/projects.
- Any research activities will be IRB approved by an independent agency: http://www.solutionsirb.com/fees/
The nonprofit organization: Padma Sherni Inc. (a 501c3 as of Summer 2017) started in order to promote health and education access across the lifespan, and multicultural awareness through the arts! Projects are intended for all income levels, but especially for low income groups. Approximately 21% of children in the United States live in poverty (National Center for Children in Poverty, 2015). For children in poverty, below the age of 6 years, neurodevelopmental disabilities has increased (AAP, 2013). Early screening is important to identify physical health or behavior problems, delays, or disability and then provide related healthcare referrals (Marks and Glascoe, 2010). Padma Sherni Inc. has a strong interest in increasing the rate of screenings and related referrals for literacy and health promotion. The founder started this nonprofit organization to focus on thee efforts, alongside of social policy research and project evaluation in collaboration with others who have similar goals.
Padma Sherni Inc. does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.