Hand Up Health Services
HAND UP Health Services is Syringe Services program of the New Hampshire Harm Reduction Coalition operating in Strafford and Rockingham Counties and the surrounding area. HAND UP comprises a diverse group of volunteers delivering free, community-based services that reduce the personal and social harms associated with drug use.
HAND UP supports people to make any positive change in their lives and to reduce the risk of drug overdose, HIV/HCV and other viral and bacterial infection, and other harms associated with the drug use and misuse. We reach people through direct outreach and by referral from health care and other service providers and peers in the community. Our services are confidential; we do not collect or share identifying information about anyone we serve.
What We Offer
- Naloxone/Narcan & overdose prevention/response education
- Sterile syringes/needles & disposal containers
- Collection and disposal of used syringes/needles
- Wound care services
- STD prevention education and materials
- Rapid Testing for infectious diseases
- Referral to follow-up testing, treatment, counseling and/or peer support for infections and other physical and mental health conditions, substance use disorders, sexual & domestic violence, housing and food insecurity, etc.
- Volunteer Opportunities
Harm Reduction Outreach Worker (Volunteer Opportunity)
Do you work for Hand Up Health Services? Become an administrator