The Board of Pensions of the Presbyterian Church
The Board of Pensions of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) traces its roots to 1717, when Presbyterians established the Fund for Pious Uses to financially assist ministers and their families. It is a not-for-profit corporation under the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and one of six national agencies of the General Assembly, the governing body for the PC(USA), which is the largest Presbyterian denomination in the United States. The agency administers the church Benefits Plan and Assistance Program, provides educational opportunities, and manages investments of more than $9 billion. On behalf of PC(USA)-associated employers, the approximately 185 people who work at the Board of Pensions serve more than 50,000 employees, retirees, and family members.