Adoption Resource Center
The mission of this agency is to provide a complete spectrum of adoption services to birth families, children and adoptive parents. Such services shall be based upon the following eight Statements of Belief:
STATEMENTS OF BELIEF
1. All children need, deserve and have a right to grow up in safe, stable, permanent homes, provided in a family setting, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity or handicapping condition.
2. In most cases, the child's family of origin (birth family) can and should provide this home and should be supported in doing so.
3. When the family of origin cannot provide this home for a child, then permanent, legal adoption is the alternative of choice, and adoption services should be made available to all children needing them.
4. All parties involved in adoption – birth families, children and adoptive families - need, deserve and have a right to be treated with dignity and offered services which are responsive to individual needs, culturally appropriate and which continue beyond legal adoption.
5. All birth families need, deserve and have a right to counseling, legal representation and a continuing connection to their children through openness in the adoption process.
6. All adoptees need, deserve and have a right to be placed with adoptive families who are prepared and supported to meet their physical, mental and emotional needs, preserve their cultural heritage and provide a continuing connection to their families of origin through openness in the adoption process.
7. All adoptive families need deserve and have a right to full disclosure of information, appropriate preparation and long-term ongoing support services.
8. Adoption agencies have a responsibility to conduct themselves with absolute regard for legal and licensing requirements and to maintain the highest possible ethical standards.