St. Vincent Family Center
We make good kids better by providing pediatric behavioral health care within a learning community to change the lives of children and families.
St. Vincent Family Center began in 1875 at our present location on East Main Street. The organization was founded as an orphanage under the auspices of Bishop Sylvester Rosecrans of the Catholic Diocese of Columbus. The work of the Catholic sisters to service the poor and orphaned of central Ohio continued into the early 1970s but expanded into the mental health field when the St. Vincent Orphanage merged with Columbus Children's Psychiatric Hospital. Our emphasis on providing residential treatment and day treatment continued into the 80s and 90s and was again expanded to include day treatment to St. Vincent Family Center in 2000 to acknowledge the mission of the agency and its founding. Today, St. Vincent Family Center remains in its original location in Columbus.
The agency is a 2008 winner of the SAMSHA Science and Service Award for Mental Health Promotion, a Council on Accreditation (COA) agency, certified by the Ohio Department of Mental Health and a member of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). St. Vincent Family Center is also a provider agency for the ADAMH Board, Franklin County Children Services and the United Way of Central Ohio.