Women's Funding Alliance
Women’s Funding Alliance was founded in 1983 by a small group of passionate people wanting to make a difference in the lives of women and girls. While we’ve grown considerably over the past three decades to more than 6,000 supporters statewide, the heart of our effort remains the same. We believe investing in women and girls is the path to a more vibrant future for all of us. When women and girls are supported and have the tools they need to succeed, their individual triumphs have ripple effects — affecting their families, their communities, and our state. When girls are encouraged to lead with strong, confident voices, they grow up to be powerful change agents. And, when women have clear pathways to leadership and economic opportunity, their successes create social and economic benefits — not just for themselves, but for all of us.
As a women’s fund, we play a unique role in unlocking the potential of women and girls. We approach our work in three ways:
- we commission research on the most pressing issues facing women and girls in our state, gather stories and evidence on promising practices and together with our donors, supporters, and partners, we advocate for gender equity across Washington;
- we galvanize people and investment to expand leadership and economic opportunities for women and girls; and,
- we identify strategic areas to align resources and partners in order to accelerate change for women and girls.
Our work is currently organized around four large-scale change initiatives:
- 100% Talent Initiative engages employers to narrow the gender wage gap and increase equity in the workplace
- Women Thrive Initiative improves educational and economic opportunity for single mothers
- Lead Initiative increases women’s voice and participation in civic leadership
- GLOW Initiative builds the capacity of girl-serving organizations to increase girls’ participation in quality leadership development programs
Development Manager (Job)