The Arc of South Norfolk
A private, non-profit organization advocating for and providing services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, including Autism and to their families. Services include advocacy, family support, social/recreational programs, clinical services through Harbor Counseling Center, residential support, and day habilitation programs.
The Arc of South Norfolk is committed to providing exceptional supports to people with developmental disabilities, including autism, through collaboration, advocacy and empowerment.
Our guiding principles are:
• Encourage people with developmental disabilities, including autism, to lead dynamic, self-directed lives.
• Protect and promote the rights and dignity of people with developmental disabilities, including autism.
• Provide a continuum of person-centered services.
• Foster an organizational culture to promote our Mission by recruiting, developing, and retaining exceptional staff and leadership.
• Partner with families and the community to celebrate achievements by people with developmental disabilities, including autism.
• Provide visionary leadership actively engaged in defining and shaping current and future industry standards and trends.
• Promote sound stewardship to ensure and protect financial and organizational integrity.