We get FREE legal services to nonprofits and microenterprises
Wayfind's Mission:Wayfind improves the quality of life in Washington communities by providing access to free business legal services for nonprofits and microenterprises.
Wayfind's Programs and Services:
- Provide pro bono (free) business legal services to nonprofits Wayfind accepts and screens applications from nonprofits for pro bono legal services
- Provide volunteer lawyers discreet, business transactional pro bono opportunities. Once an attorney volunteers for a particular matter, Wayfind connects the nonprofit organization and the volunteer attorney.
- Provide pro bono legal consultation to low-income microenterprise business owners in a clinical setting. Wayfind partners with microenterprise support organizations Washington C.A.S.H., StartZone and StartZone NW to provide microenterprise legal clinic services to their clients. We have three clinics:
- South Seattle, Washington C.A.S.H. – Second Tuesday of the Month
- Federal Way, StartZone – Quarterly – Fourth Tuesday of the Month
- Edmonds, StartZone NW – Quarterly – First Tuesday of the Month
- Provide high quality legal training opportunities to lawyers and nonprofits on topics relevant to nonprofits and microenterprise businesses. Our legal trainings for attorneys are approved for CLE credits. Training topics include
- Nuts & Bolts of Nonprofit Law
- Board Membership 101
- Employment Law for Nonprofits and Small Businesses
- Intellectual Property for Nonprofits and Small Businesses
- Social Media Law
- Fiscal Sponsorship