- Rhode Island
RICARES is a grassroots effort focused on creating a socially just community for all Rhode Islanders impacted by substance use. We approach stigma with an intersectional lens and advocate for change.
We envision a community where Rhode Islanders have improved their health and wellness. Where every person is given the resources and services they need to succeed, to live a self-directed life, and to reach their full potential.
We believe that healthy communities have the infrastructure for all members to succeed.
- Affordable Housing
- Accessible Education
- Healthcare Equity
- Public & Personal Accountability
- Public & Personal Transparency
- Economic Opportunities
- Safe People
- Safe Spaces
How We Do It:
- We bring impactful opportunities to people so they can recognize their personal contributions to Rhode Island communities.
- Create additional opportunities for all Rhode Islanders to access recovery.
- Create healthy and whole communities that support recovery efforts for all Rhode Islanders.
- To Lead & Collaborate with stakeholders increasing overall recovery capital.