Who We Are
Newspringare followers of Christ: professionals, business people, artists, teachers, and colleagues who believe that helping others to sustain themselves and their families financially is an important part of our Christian witness.
Newspring's vision is a Spring Branch community that is “stable”. Stability means that families are not constantly on the move, seeking better jobs, housing, or safety for their children. It means that students stay in the same schools and take advantage of the educational opportunities found in Spring Branch. And it means that people can put down roots and become community leaders.
Newspring's mission is to create economic opportunities for residents of Spring Branch, opening the door to their financial independence
Newspring was organized in 2006 and is a 501(c)(3) public charity.
- Mentoring Spring Branch art students who show promise in visual arts.
- Auctioning artwork created by Spring Branch students, encouraged by mentors
- Providing a $5,000 college scholarship for Spring Branch ISD seniors
- Sponsoring an annual business plan competition for Houston Community College, coordinated by Jack Barry, Robert Westheimer and advisors
- Orchestrating monthly Spring Branch Business Forums for small