Global Issues Resource Center, Cuyahoga Community College
Our Mission: The Global Issues Resource Center at Cuyahoga Community College is dedicated to the exchange of best practices to help enhance the capacity within our community to address social challenges by convening practitioners, academics, and policy makers to provide a global perspective, explore emerging trends, and design sustainable, multi-cultural solutions which address challenges in our community and our world.
Founded by Joanne Lewis in 1986, the Global Issues Resource Center fosters citizen responsibility through cultivation of a global perspective on critical issues affecting our planet and its people by presenting:
- Professional Development & Events - International, national & local- special focus includes sources & management of conflict resolution education; issues of diversity and multicultural understanding, skill-building training sessions; custom-designed programming to address local concerns.
- Short-term Certificate in Conflict Resolution & Peace Studies - A short-term certificate in Conflict Resolution & Peace Studies is now available. This unique program is the first of its kind at an Ohio community college.
- Study Abroad in Peace and Conflict in Costa Rica, June 2013
- Campus Dispute Resolution: Student Mediation Program, Spring 2012
- Sustained Dialogue Campus Network ]]- The first Community College in the U.S.
- Environmental Education]]- Earth Balloon as a teaching aid to meet current Ohio Content Standards/Achievement Test
- Library & Resources ]]- Award-winning special multi-media library collection
- Special Projects** - Community and international identified needs supported by academics, government and the community