Embakasi Slums Hygiene and Sanitation Program
Embakasi Slums, Hygiene And Sanitation Program abbreviated as (E.S.H.A.S.P) is a Community Based Organization (CBO) which is currently working on a project on provision of basic sanitary towels to school going girls especially those at slum areas and our current target is Mukuru kwa Njenga slum located at Nairobi East District in Kenya.
VISION To partner with the commuinity in the hygene, eductional, moral, environmental and social upliftment of needy children
- To train the community on various hygienic issues.
- To come up with a simple but effective ways of obtaining hygienic products by members of the area.
- To network with other organizations in ensuring that the children in the area attend to school in line with the Millennium Development Goal.
- To come up with long term measures of curbing temporary dropping out of school due to menstrual cycle by girls.
- To sensitize the community on various hygienic facts so as to curb the myths that results in having an unhygienic society.
- To provide reference material for the members to consult when not able to access the resource persons in the organization.
- To advocate the plight of the residents in various forums within and without the country.