Cape Cod Volunteers
Cape Cod Volunteers is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to link people with meaningful opportunities for volunteering on Cape Cod. We do this by informing Cape Codders—residents and visitors alike—about the many opportunities, programs, and agencies that exist in our community, and by helping people identify their own interests, skills, talents, and passion for service to the community. Our vision is to create a network of organizations and opportunities that will inform, inspire, and engage people of all ages and backgrounds in strengthening our community through volunteering.
Cape Cod Volunteers is based on the philosophy that everyone has skills, experience, and talents they can contribute to building a stronger community, and that volunteering presents many opportunities to enrich one’s life. Cape Cod Volunteers’ work is based on the following objectives:
- Tap into the skills, talents, passion, and experience of all residents and visitors so that they can contribute in meaningful ways to strengthen our community.
- Help improve the capacity of nonprofit organizations and municipalities to effectively engage volunteers in community service.
- Create an efficient and sustainable model for community involvement.
- Promote volunteering on Cape Cod as a crucial activity for all people and for the health of our community
- Provide accessible and user-friendly methods for all residents and visitors on Cape Cod to find meaningful opportunities for community service.