Diagonal 12, 8-37, Zona 1, Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
We are a non-profit, all volunteer hiking agency located in Xela (Quetzaltenango), Guatemala. We offer a wide variety of hikes, ranging from 1-6 days through the mountains and to volcanoes. All the profits we recieve go to Escuela de la Calle (EDELAC). EDELAC runs a school for over 150 kids who have no opportunity for education as well as Hogar Abierto, a home for orphaned and abused children.
We are currently seeking volunteer hiking guides to commit 3 or more months leading hikes and performing office duties. The following are our requirements to be considered for a volunteer hiking guide position:
- A 3 month absolute minimum time commitment (not including a 10-day trial/training period beforehand);
- Intermediate Spanish;
- A first aid qualification;
- Love of the outdoors, trekking, roughing it, (not sleeping) under the stars, getting wet, cold toes and lumpy oatmeal.;
- Stellar people-skills, endless patience; and,
- The ability to work and live as a member of a team.
Check out http://www.quetzaltrekkers.com/guatevolunteer.html to learn more about how to get involved as a volunteer with Quetzaltrekkers!
Become a Hiking Guide in Guatemala and Help Kids (Volunteer Opportunity)