Willow Creek Academy
Willow Creek Academy is a public charter school located in Sausalito, California that serves the students of Sausalito, Marin City and other local communities. Founded by a group of dedicated parents and community members, Willow Creek opened its doors in September 2001. Like most charter schools, our community created Willow Creek to add a strong public school choice for families in our area. We now serve about 330 students in grades K-8 on an expansive 14-acre campus set in Marin County.
Several features distinguish Willow Creek from a traditional public school experience:
- We share a belief that inquiry-driven, project-based learning provides the best opportunities to students to grow their understanding of academic content.
- Our program equally nurtures students’ social-emotional needs as well as their academic needs.
- Willow Creek has a diverse student body in various ways: socio-economics, family structure, race and ethnicity, religion, home language, learning differences and more. As a result, students of a variety of backgrounds and beliefs learn to work together and support each other.
- Parent involvement is central to our school culture. Families are strongly encouraged to contribute to our school community by volunteering. Parents drive on field trips, conduct research for the school, organize fundraisers and more.
Willow Creek is committed to:
- Developing students who are self-motivated, competent, self-disciplined and socially responsible learners.
- Partnering staff, students, parents and community to create a unique, challenging and individualized learning environment with high academic standards and expectations.
- Applying academic learning to meaningful real-life activities and situations through project-based programs.
- Respecting diversity and whole child development – cognitive, emotional, social and physical.
Willow Creek Academy is a thriving, evolving school that provides an incredible opportunity for innovative educators who want to have the greatest possible impact on the lives of students and families.