Allegheny Mountain Radio
Allegheny Mountain Radio is a network of three community stations which are public and non-commercial. They are operated by volunteers and a small paid staff. Pocahontas Communications Cooperative, the licensee of the stations, is a non-profit organization formed in April 1979 for educational and charitable purposes and to operate community radio stations. Financial support is derived from individual donations, business underwriting, and grants.
PCCC is the fiscal agent and policy setting board. The board of directors is composed of nine members elected by the volunteers and members of the station.
Allegheny Mountain Radio exists for the following purposes:
- To provide timely and accurate reports of local and state events, including weather, news, and community happenings
- To provide a forum open to all residents of the area for the discussion of public issues
- To provide music and entertainment to our audience
- To promote the economic development and general well-being of the area
- To train local residents to use the medium of radio to express their thoughts, feelings, and talents
Do you work for Allegheny Mountain Radio? Become an administrator