Serving Spokane's northeast neighborhoods: Chief Garry, Hillyard, Logan, Bemiss, Whitman, Nevada Heights, Shiloh Hills, and Minnehaha.
The Northeast Community Center is a non-profit organization founded in 1980 by northeast Spokane neighborhoods. Our mission is to strive to improve the quality of life for residents of northeast Spokane with emphasis on social, health, economical, educational, and recreational needs.
The Northeast Community Center Association (NECCA) is a non-profit neighborhood organization that strives to improve the quality of life for residents of northeast Spokane, with emphasis on social, health, economic, education and recreational needs.
Committed to this mission, the Northeast Community Center works to:
- Promote a community center atmosphere which honors human dignity through respect, compassion, and justice.
- Assess and respond to quality of life issues.
- Empower all individuals through support, advocacy, and services.
- Facilitate and support the work of services providers who are meeting identified needs in the area
- Promote and coordinate collaboration among community members
- Provide responsible and effective management of the Center and its resources.
- Informational Access Center gives people access to computers and the internet increasing their future educational and economic opportunities.
- Coats 4 Kids & swimsuit distribution supplying seasonal apparel for low-income families.
- Rental space with over 68,000 sq/ft in our facility we have rental space for meetings, receptions and retreats, from our founders room, which holds 30 to our lower level assembly room of 200.
Go to www.necommunitycenter.com or call the Northeast Community Center, 509-487-1603
Northeast Community Center Agencies
The Northeast Community Center houses multiple organizations that assist those living in the northeast Spokane neighborhood:
- Children's Home Society (509) 598-4131 provides a contiuum of care in early learning, family advocacy, child/family counselling, adoption, and advocacy.
- ECEAP and Head Start (509) 279-6351 are programs that offer classroom learning for preschool-age children of low-income families.
- The Hillyard Senior Center (509) 0803 gives senior citizens an outlet for recreation, nutritional meals, health, and social services.
- The Northeast SNAP Office (509) 456-7627 x6100 provides energy assistance.
- WIC (509) 323-2828 is a nutrition education and breastfeeding support program for pregnant, breastfeeding, and postpartum women and caregivers of infants/children under the age of five.
- Unify Community Health and Dental --Experienced family physicians provide a full spectrum of care, including prenatal care, delivery, and care for children. The medical office can be reached by phone at (509) 326-4343, and the dental office at (509) 326-4382.
- The Zone Project is focused on building neighborhoods strengths and aligning resources and activities across multiple organizations, institutions, and sectors to affect transformative change in the eight neighborhoods of northeast Spokane that feed students to Shaw and Garry Middle Schools.
The Northeast Community Center partners with Spokane Municipal Community Court to expand the court's weekly Community Court docket into our Hillyard Neighborhood.
The following list of service providers are also available to all on a drop-in basis. Providers vary but may include:
- Catholic Charities (HOC) - Housing and community resources
- Center for Justice - ACA Navigator and legal referral
- Community-Minded Enterprises (CME) - ACA Navigator - Sobriety focused resources
- Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) - Community Service Office (CSO)
- Disability Assistance Project (DAP) - Social Security Disability Attorney
- Frontier Behavioral Health (FBH)
- Fulcrum Institute - Mentorship Services and Opportunities provision
- Goodwill Industries - Housing and Essential Needs (HEN)
- Molina Healthcare - Health Homes: Aging and Long-term care coordination of services
- New Horizon Care Centers - Chemical Dependency Services
- Pioneer Human Services - Substance Use Disorder Treatment / Warm Handoff services
- Providence-Consistent Care
- Spokane Neighborhood Action Partners (SNAP) Homelessness Assessment
- Spokane Central Lion's Club (10am-11am) Eyeglasses distribution/Vision Appts
- Spokane Public Library- Hillyard -Provide Library Cards and other resources
- Supported Services for Veteran Families - Goodwill/Volunteers of America (VOA)
- Volunteers of America (VOA) - Hotspotters
- WA State Healthcare Authority - Apple Health Coverage Agency
- Department of Licencing (DOL) Providing Identification vouchers
- YWCA Victim Advocacy, housing, and employment
1/3 of every dollar raised is from donations, grants, sponships, and events. Your donations help maintain a modern state-of-the-art facility in which our partner social service agencies can provide help for those in northeast Spokane. Donations can be mailed directly to NECC at 4001 N. Cook St., Spokane, WA 99207 or online at www.necommunitycenter.com