The ECPAT YPC aims to raise awareness for victims of commercial sexual exploitation in the US, while connecting resources to ECPAT-USA.
ECPAT-USA seeks to end the commercial sexual exploitation of children by raising awareness of the issue; advocating for the victims; developing policy for private companies, law enforcement, and government bodies to systematically combat the problem; and passing legislation that protects the victims and enacts substantial penalties for the traffickers and exploiters.The ECPAT-USA Young Professionals Committee is an auxiliary group composed of individuals who want to get involved with the organization in a productive and meaningful way.
The ECPAT-USA Young Professionals Committee is charged with the following:
● Serve as advocates for victims of commercial sexual exploitation in New York City and beyond
● Raise visibility of ECPAT-USA’s mission
● Connect resources (both financial and in-kind) to ECPAT-USA
● Recruit current and future leaders to ECPAT-USA’s cause
● Help achieve ECPAT-USA’s dollar goals, including organizing fundraising events