Sierra Club Maine Chapter
To explore, enjoy, and protect the wild places of the Earth; to practice and promote responsible ecosystems and resources; to educate and enlist humanity to protect and restore the quality of the natural and human environment; and to use all lawful means to carry out these objectives.
For over a century the Sierra Club has been devoted to the conservation of our forests, mountains, rivers, coasts and other natural areas.
The Maine Chapter, a volunteer-run grassroots organization, is working to:
- protect Maine’s wilderness heritage,
- fight global warming & promote smart growth,
- safeguard Maine’s clean water and coastline,
- promote clean air and energy efficiency,
- hold public officials accountable, and
- support pro-environment candidates for public office.